Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our Art Center

It all started with those 4 terrible crayons and a coloring sheet they give to me at restaurants... oh, and my love for coloring.  Evidently, I get it from my mom.  She decided if it was fun to color at restaurants, why can't we do it at the home dinner table, I guess.  Here's what it turned into:


It's got just about everything I could possibly want to create art.  The basics of course are: paper, crayons, markers and coloring books.  You could simply put those items in a basket and keep them in your dining room, but not my mom...she takes it a few steps further.
 
Our art center is a complete with a wide assortment of how to draw books, construction paper, coloring and activity books, crayons, colored pencils, markers, pens, pencils, a variety of scissors, erasers, glue, glue sticks, crayon sharpener, stapler, ruler, protractor and a stamp with my name- to mark my creations.  In the drawers, you will find play-doh, stencils and other odds and ends (just because I am sure I am forgetting something).  It's awesome!

Mom's Note:  The whole thing really happen by accident.  We have so many art supplies and they were always tucked into some drawer where we couldn't easily get to them.  One day, I brought this "magazine rack" (bought at IKEA) home from work and didn't know what to do with it.  We also just happen to have the lazy suzanne that Tanner insisted we get (from the IKEA bits and pieces section). We bought some fun colored cups in a variety of sizes to put our utensils in and there you have it.  It just started becoming the dumping ground for all of our art supplies. Now everything is right at our fingertips for creative fun. If you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment