Thursday, February 11, 2010

Make every bite count...


People tell that I eat weird.  Strange part is my mom says I am a healthy eater.  I like things like peanut butter and honey sandwiches, plain greek yogurt with vanilla extract and frozen berries and vegetables, yes veggies are good.  I don't think I eat different than other kids.  Well, maybe.  It's not because I'm all that different.  I was just willing to try new stuff and when I did.  I liked 'em.  It's the no yuck rule.  You can't say yuck if you've never tried it.  We just have to try one bite, then if we don't like it we don't have to eat it.  It just has to be a real bite.  Not a baby one.

The picture on the top right is a honey heart.  It was left over from one of the honey and peanut butter sandwiches. 

The picture on the left is of the turkey roll-ups I have in my lunch tomorrow.  It's slices of turkey from the deli-- 2 work fine with a little bit of cottage cheese and we roll them up.  You can eat them kinda like a taco.They are super yummy.  Try 'em. 

Remember, you don't know if it's yucky until you try.... I double-dog dare ya.  :)
A note from mom:  Tanner has also used my rule on me moms and dads.  Sometimes, it's worth a try even if you've tried it in the past and not liked it.  Not only does it set a good example... you might re-discover some yummy stuff you once thought was yucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment