Friday, March 26, 2010

Give yourself a ONE BITE Rule....

Kids can be picky eaters.  Try introducing a one bite rule.  For new foods--that the child is NOT allergic to-- require that they try at least one REAL bite... not the itty bitty can't really taste anything bite.

Admittedly, I have different taste buds than most kids.  I think we've mentioned it here before.  You just don't know what you're missing until you give it a try.  This past weekend I tried lobster and crab legs-- and liked them both.  Plus, crab legs give you an activity to do while eating... you gotta get the meat out. Our friend Tonya, showed me how, because my mom had never tried them before either!  It was fun for everyone.

If you're not quite up for seafood yet.  Another suggestion I have is mango.  It's a little tricky to get the seed out, so have your parents get the mango ready for your to eat.  Once my mom gets the seed out (by cutting the mango in half and cutting it out.  She then cuts lines through the mango "meat" in both directions and we end up with little squares of mango. I prefer it cold, so we store mango in the fridge. 

Another favorite is mango smoothies
For these, we buy frozen mango chunks,  approximately 1/2 c. citrus seltzer, 2 small scoops of sherbert or sorbet, and a banana. 

Here is a picture of all the ingredients we use:

Mix it up in a blender or smoothie maker:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment